Monday, August 3, 2009

Beach Vacation

So we arrived with no problems on Saturday. The big hole next door where Sea Castle used to be has been filled with a six-story Hilton that deals in fractional ownership - three weeks for $175k! One of the other mom and pop places across the street has also been bulldozed and replaced with a fancy fractional ownership. But thankfully all is the same here at Crescent Towers. The beach is great - few people, no seaweed, not a lot of big waves. We're in the poolside building again on the bottom floor and Grandmommy and Granddaddy are upstairs. After unloading and going to get some groceries/snacks, we all went out to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner. Unfortunately later that night Mommy started to not feel so well - headache, sore throat and earaches.

On Sunday morning, we got up and headed down to the beach. We spent a few hours playing in the water and on the sand. The boys really enjoyed themselves. Wesley especially gets very calm and quiet around the water. Then later we headed up to the pool for a while. Parker got to try out his new Nemo goggles and Wesley tried out his new floaties with the surfing monkeys. By 1:30 it was time to head in and get some lunch and then take some naps. Mommy especially was super tired as she was still feeling sick. Later when we woke up, Grandmommy had made a wonderful dinner for everyone - meatloaf, potatoes, green beans and fresh peaches. We spent the rest of the evening hanging out and letting the boys soak up lots of grandparent time.

This morning when the boys woke us up at 8:00am, Daddy suggested that Mommy might want to find a walk-in clinic as she was feeling even more miserable. So after checking with our insurance Mommy headed off to find some relief while Daddy handled breakfast. Later Grandmommy came down to help get the kids ready for the beach - it takes two sets of hands to wrangle the boys into swimsuits and get them doused in sunscreen!

The kids had a blast with Daddy and grandparents down at the beach. Granddaddy and Parker made another sand castle. That was all Parker could talk about in anticipation of the beach this year, because they had made one together last year too. Thankfully Grandmommy brought her camera and so you can see what everyone was up to.

Mommy made it back in time for lunch, antibiotic prescription in hand for the bacterial infection that is causing all the pain. After eating it was time for naps again (this is such a wonderful part of the day!). And for dinner tonight we all headed into town for Chili's - Parker had been asking to go back as he wanted a cheese quesadilla. After dinner we did some window shopping in Best Buy and Barnes and Noble, where the boys had fun playing with the Thomas the Train display.

No comments: